Usually I am extremely creative when it comes to dinner. But tonight my son is in the mood for pancakes. It was actually my idea after reading him–Curious george makes Pancakes. It seemed that we hadn’t had our weekly dose of pancakes and after the rough week I have had, this meal seems to take precedent over any of my other elaborate meal plans. The recipe I use for pancakes is as follows:
- Buy Kodiak flapjack mix. (the best! worth the price tag)
- Mix with cheaper pancake mix, we use Krusteaz. Equal proportions 1/2c each for 6 flapjacks.
- Stir in water 1/2 c. to 3/4 c. (depending on how thick you want your flapjacks.)
- Heat griddle with organic butter on medium-low heat
- Test to see if griddle is ready by dropping water on griddle, if water beads off, it is ready
- Pour about 1 1/2 tbsp of batter on griddle
- Add fruit , we like to use blueberries or bananas.
- When batter starts to bubble, flip.
- Cook for another 2 minutes, remove and set on plate.
- Repeat steps 6-9 until all batter is cooked.
Tonight we will have scrambled eggs and turkey bacon to compliment our meal. Pictures to come soon.
What’s for dinner at your house?